Josh Ruebner joined Arab Voices on KPFT on July 31, 2019 to speak about the non-binding US House of Representatives resolution (H.Res.246) that passed by a vote of 398-17 on July 23, 2019, condemning people for exercising their constitutional right to engage in boycotts in support of Palestinian rights. We will talk about BDS (Boycott, Divestment, and Sanctions) movement, and H.Res.496, introduced on July 16, 2019, by Congresswoman Ilhan Omar, affirming that all Americans have the right to participate in boycotts in pursuit of civil and human rights at home and abroad, as protected by the First Amendment to the Constitution. We will also talk about the ongoing Israeli occupation of Palestine, home demolitions in Jerusalem, Israel’s racist policies, the Trump administration’s stance towards Israel/Palestine, and more.
- House Passes Resolution To Condemn Individual’s Right To Boycott
- Hoyer and 41 Democrats visit Israel on AIPAC-affiliated junket that violates ‘spirit as well as the letter of the law’
- Arab Voices Radio Talk Show
- Congress Condemns Boycotts for Palestinian Rights
- Israel’s Treatment of US Citizens: Case Studies and Policy Recommendations
Search the Site